We are seeking either a qualified land agent or an experienced rural/ farm business advisor in our Dumfries office to assist the team with an expanding workload. Qualifications are not essential but a sound knowledge and experience of farming and rural matters is; along with the ability to provide sound advice to our clients.
Subject to experience and performance the position will provide the applicant with a clear career progression within the business.
Job description and and key skills
- Have excellent links to the local farming and rural community.
- Have ambition and desire to grow the firms business in Scotland but particularly in the Dumfries and Borders region.
- Preferably be a registered valuer and or have experience in agricultural agency
- Excellent practical agricultural knowledge
- Experience of agricultural subsidies including basic payment scheme and stewardship and other grant opportunities.
- Detailed knowledge of Agricultural tenancy legislation.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent communicator with ambition, dedication and a keen eye for detail and the ability to provide knowledgeable and creative advice.
- Competent IT skills.
- A valid driving licence is essential for this role.
Competitive salary based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to Tom Oates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.